SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR S questions

Go down 
+4
bush
ChrisC
ridepate
bamaboy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Guys, I have been attempting to sell the rhino and have got a RZR S picked out at a dealership that I want really bad. I am trying to figure out what I will need to spend to get the RZR equiped out for full out riding. Here are four or five questions I'm having and would appreciate your input.

1. Is the lock and ride windshield worth a darn? Does it scratch as easily as most other brands?

2. Is the rear window panel worth the purchase, or does it scratch to easy? Would a vinyl be better?

3. If I am planning on purchasing a full set of skid plates, do I still need the rock sliders, and can you mount both?

4. Although kindof pricey, is the Jstrong top with built in speakers and radio work and sound good?

5. Do I need to plan on purchasing an aftermarket parking brake? It seems that alot of Rzr's have trouble when stopping on hills and then having to shift out of Park on the transmission. If so, which brand is better. I would prefer one that is not electric.

Thanks for any advise.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:00 am

1- I've got a E-Bay half for 79.00, It has not scratched yet.
2- Why do you need a rear panel??? Tottally worthless IMO.Your in Alabama, not Alaska.
3- If you know how to drive, the stocker is fine with sliders.
4- Nope -i-Pod and some ear-buds. Polaris 79.00 roof
5- Piece of 3/4 pvc for .79 will do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:39 am

Buy the parking Brake.

I have the windshield , but have not used
it yet till it gets cold. So i don't know
how well it will do.... Wink

I still think full skids are nice , i plan
on getting a set very soon.

And get some A-arm guards.

The rest is optional.... Eat

Last edited by ChrisC on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:39 am

a windshield is great in the winter but causes dust to suck into the cab. i have a full emp windshield but only run it in the winter.

i have never ran a rear window so im no help there.

as skids go it all in how you ride!! i like to haul ass down rough trails and the bottom gets beat up bad and the stock is junk IMO.
done this with 300 miles on it.
RZR  S questions 101_2535

RZR  S questions 101_2534

RZR  S questions 101_2536

added skids from strongmade

RZR  S questions 101_2539

RZR  S questions 101_2542

RZR  S questions 101_2546

the J strong is nice but to much $$$$ for me. made my own speaker bar that uses an ipod/mp3 player

the park brake is a must have
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am

Dam Bush , i will order skids right a way..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:46 am

i done that on the spring ride at the wagon wheel when me and larry was hauling Butt down a trail. larry also hit the same rock and busted his skids also Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am

Just got the lock and ride windshield (very sligtly used in perfect condition)on craigslist for $200.00 shipped. Most guys say winter use is best and in my case, sometime have my kid along and it gives her some protection.

Have ordered a soft top, quick off and on and cheap! for winter rides and rain.

In the process of finding a good yet reasonable priced skid plate. My stock one looks similar to Bushs, after my second ride so I have already replaced the stock one once at $125.00.

Do not see the point in a rear pannel.

Like to hear the damage as it happens when riding so not interested in a sound system.

Something else to think about is springs if you like to haul ass in the bumpy woods. Everyone seems to like the progressive for about $400.00. Have purchased some, but not yet installed.

And if you do not buy an S, just figure you will decide you CANNOT LIVE without some new fancy wheels and tires at some point.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:36 am

The lock and ride windshield is the only way to go. It pops right off if you want to remove it. Tunes are a must for me. Some guys built their own stereo. I bought a Tractor Tunes. If you can get the J Strong top reasonable, it has great sound and has interior lights and auxiliary switches all internal (clean looking). I use a soft rear panel (45.00 on ebay) to prevent mud from coming over the bed and hitting me in the back of the head. The RZRS is notorious for filling the bed with mud, so I feel it is necessary if you ride in muddy conditions.

Park brake is the absolute best money spent if you ride on steep terrain. If one of your buddies gets in trouble and you have to jump out to spot you will want that parking brake...... trust me
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:22 am

Skids and a-arm guards, are worth the investment. Windshield is nice when its cold but keeps dust and heat in the cab. IMO the lock and ride is the best of all of the full windshields, 224.00 on ebay, The parking brake now called cam-lock is the best, but as pate said a piece of pipe will work too.

If you want it true trail ready , then a winch should be on the list too.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:52 pm

I had a 2008 RZR for 2 years, until I sold it Monday. I put the Kirkwood, which is the Cam-rzrbrake, on ours. It installs in less than 30 minutes. A must. My wife uses the RZR on the property and could not rock it out of Park. SIDEBYSIDESPORTS.COM has it on sale now for $129.95, which is cheaper than ordering direct from Kirkwood. I ordered one yesterday for the RZRS that I have coming. I would not order the electric one that you have to tapp into the brake lines. It will run the battery down, if left activated. The windshield, I ordered the Calmps, Item #emp-9881, and will go with a Lexan shield that I have a local shop sell me for $35.00. They sell a scratch resitant coating for about $10.00 more. Lexan will not crack or break, but will scratch. I use a plywood circular saw blade backwards for the streight cuts and a metal blade in a jigsaw for the curves.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Gimmpy wrote:
I had a 2008 RZR for 2 years, until I sold it Monday. I put the Kirkwood, which is the Cam-rzrbrake, on ours. It installs in less than 30 minutes. A must. My wife uses the RZR on the property and could not rock it out of Park. SIDEBYSIDESPORTS.COM has it on sale now for $129.95, which is cheaper than ordering direct from Kirkwood. I ordered one yesterday for the RZRS that I have coming. I would not order the electric one that you have to tapp into the brake lines. It will run the battery down, if left activated. The windshield, I ordered the Calmps, Item #emp-9881, and will go with a Lexan shield that I have a local shop sell me for $35.00. They sell a scratch resitant coating for about $10.00 more. Lexan will not crack or break, but will scratch. I use a plywood circular saw blade backwards for the streight cuts and a metal blade in a jigsaw for the curves.

Blue grass utv has them too and gives forum members a discount, pm clayboy and he will hook you up.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

RZR  S questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR S questions   RZR  S questions Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR S questions
Page 1 of 1