SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few new do dads on the rhino

Go down 
+4
jimrs
AIRBORNE
shawnley1222
ChrisC
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

A few new do dads on the rhino Empty
PostSubject: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 8:09 am

well , I finally got me a tow ring to go in my reciver
on back of the rhino. its for one of 2 things. to pull me out
of the mud. or pull a broke RZR back to the truck. cheers

I bet RZR guys did not find that funny.... No ......... :D

Also look at the back of my frame. you know how a rhino
frame is open in the back. i found a guy on Ebay who made these
cool plugs to fit in the frame. gives it a more finished look. there just
6 bucks. not bad. you just tap them in with a hammer. thay ant going to fall
out thay fit very well. it just looks better being sealed up. Wink

Also i took my yami Roof off. i got fed up. My Rhino is just to big
for that roof. it sticks up to far. and i since i am jacked up with big tires.
i haft to prop up my garage door to get it in and out. and still it almost hits the door frame. So i am going to put a aluminum top on eather like Big-R has
or i am just going to make one. thay set lower and will clear. if anyone wants a new yamaha poly Top let me know. it dont have a mark on it. and only been on one ride. i will make you a smokeing deal.

Chris..... cheers
A few new do dads on the rhino Img5824zp6
A few new do dads on the rhino Img5826ql7
A few new do dads on the rhino Img5829vd7
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:14 am

the plugs do make it look good...dont worry i have the same height issues wait till u ride it more your shocks will begin to sag like mine but i also barely clear the garage door but my roof dont got that wing lookin thing on the back as the stock yamis do
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am

Shawn , mine dont have the wing thing on the back eather.
mine is the regular yamaha top. the only one with the wing on it.
is the SE top.

I wont let it sag. i will replace the shocks
or i will replace the springs no matter the cost.
there is no substitution for ground clearance.... cheers

Chris..... allright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 11:34 am

Chris, which lift do you have? Your sig says Highlifter but I thought you put a Moose lift on.
Question
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
jimrs

jimrs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:15 pm

looks good, many people forget about where to hook up in the rear without something to hook to it's hard to get them out once stuck.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:34 pm

well im not rich i buy the thnigs i need and i still clear alot of stuff i know i clear coolers and what not so im still good.... i just welded a tow hook off a F250 above the hitch reciever so its permantely attached aint got to worry about losin it or forgetting it somewhere plus super easy to hook to in water mud etc.. as with the clevis u gotta either wrap it or un hook it to run the pin through more work then i want when knee deep in mud
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:46 pm

Chris a word of warning about the frame-plugs. I tried them too, they do give it a finished look. but, they trap water in the frame and the end result is rusting from the inside out. There are several holes in the frame that water will still get in. I noticed mine dribbling after a fews days some brownish rust water, took them off and EEEEKKKKKK!!! The frame is not coated on the inside on up there, it's bare.
They also keep the frame from drying out after being wet. Just a heads-up. I chunked mine.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:44 pm

Dang , and i thought i was doing a good thing..... 😢
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 4:50 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Dang , and i thought i was doing a good thing..... 😢

Oh well, leave them in there.......... affraid Didn't mean to rain on your party!!!! Other stuffs sweet allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Damn Chris. A 3/4 inch shackle? You planning on pulling some F-250's out. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
greenhead

greenhead

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Hey cris   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 5:55 pm

I'm glad that i am not the only one that has to pull those dang polaris's back to the pickup not to say mine won't ever break but those polaris rigs are so troublesome my cousin owned a rzr for 2 weeks and it has been at the dealer for one month if I gave 16000$ for a sxs it better last longer than 2weeks he doesn't even ride it hard. I am just glad I am a full blood YAMAHA man and will be till I die I have had to many to change what I think is truly the best.We also ride with every other brand out there the teryx is probably my next choice it is tuff.

Sorry Polaris lovers
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 am

greenhead wrote:
I'm glad that i am not the only one that has to pull those dang polaris's back to the pickup not to say mine won't ever break but those polaris rigs are so troublesome my cousin owned a rzr for 2 weeks and it has been at the dealer for one month if I gave 16000$ for a sxs it better last longer than 2weeks he doesn't even ride it hard. I am just glad I am a full blood YAMAHA man and will be till I die I have had to many to change what I think is truly the best.We also ride with every other brand out there the teryx is probably my next choice it is tuff.

Sorry Polaris lovers

Greenhead , there Haveing just as many problems with the Teryx.... :D
the belt and clutches are screwing up. go to Teryx forum and read.

only Yamaha for me.
Thay know how to treat there customers.
even 300 miles from home.... allright
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 1:53 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Damn Chris. A 3/4 inch shackle? You planning on pulling some F-250's out. Razz Razz Razz

Marty , you think its a little big. :D
I got a 5/8's D ring i can put on. you think it would be a little more
resonable. I was just thinking with that size D Ring i could pull 2 RZR's
back to the truck at once, and save me a Trip.... :(lmao:

Chris..... cheers
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:41 am

Looking good Chris!

I like the idea of D rings myself, because you know when you get it hooked up if you are pulling or being pulled that it is not going to come lose while under a load or something and go slapping somebody in the head!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Pimp it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few new do dads on the rhino   A few new do dads on the rhino Empty

Back to top Go down

A few new do dads on the rhino
Page 1 of 1