SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Rhino Part

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 7:28 pm

Hello again all,

Found a busted Front outer CV boot when I got to KY. Ordered one this last Monday Morning. Was supposed to come in today. Found out it is on back order until Mid November.
Questions are: Is there an aftermarket boot that is good quality? What is difference between 660 boot and 700?

I ordered some spare lug studs and lug nuts that I will keep onhand if someone needs some on short notice in future..

Thanks for the info...

Mike
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:28 pm

Big-R can help ya with this one. I think he had the same problem. How bad is it busted?. I would pack it with grease and try to halfway seal it if you can until your new one came in.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 pm

I think a Geo-Metro boot is the same. Do a search over at RF.Net.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:04 pm

order the moose quick boot, i got mine thru dennis kirk.
i wrestled with a stock boot for 2 hrs one night and finally gave up. got the quick boot and popped it on in 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

has a chunk missing from it.. don't even know how I did it... wrapped it in plasic and put a couple of zip ties around it for the KY trip.. was wanting to play in the mud more but held back....
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Took shaft off this morning. Was surprized at how well the Zip Lock bag and a few Zip Ties protected the joint this last weekend. Took up to dealer. We ended up using the outer boot from the 660. Looks like only difference is 660 uses rubber and 700 used harder plastic. The 660 boot kit was $35 and the 700 was $50. Where can you get the quick boot to keep in the dry box for trail side repairs?
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:00 pm

misterp wrote:
Took shaft off this morning. Was surprized at how well the Zip Lock bag and a few Zip Ties protected the joint this last weekend. Took up to dealer. We ended up using the outer boot from the 660. Looks like only difference is 660 uses rubber and 700 used harder plastic. The 660 boot kit was $35 and the 700 was $50. Where can you get the quick boot to keep in the dry box for trail side repairs?

I think I might just keep some ziplock bags in the toolbox....I've got the cable ties. Sounds like you did a good job on an improvised trailside repair. I had to put 30 plugs in a nasty sidewall gash on a 6 ply Vampire on the Grizz in WV. That was fun....lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Rhino Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Rhino Part   Need Rhino Part Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Rhino Part
Page 1 of 1