SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newbie needs advice

Go down 
+10
misterp
ridepate
Showtime
Big-R
GunRunner
Smith700
nocerisdave
wvyankee2
RedNeckRanger
Greg_77
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greg_77

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-11-22

newbie needs advice Empty
PostSubject: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Hello all I maybe purchasing a side x side in the near future and not sure what i want i want somethin with some room and comfort....rode the rhino not alot of room i've had different atv's but this will be my first sxs seems like i'm leaning toward the rzr s but and and all help and advice is greatly appreciated....
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:53 pm

u talking about room for u.......or room to haul stuff........they r all diff....best thing u can do is look at at of them and decide foir your self.....

r u going to just ride it?
how many people do u want to ride with u?
use it for hunting to?
do u like to haul as..?
do u want to just get were ur going ....
how much stuff do u like to take with u?

good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Welcome Greg. I would suggest taking your time and reading up on the different SidexSides available. Also go to the dealers and get in them and look them over. It's a major purchase and you want to make sure you get whats best for you. Good luck on the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Greg_77

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:03 pm

sorry...i was meaning room for me. just wanna take one person with me and i dont take alot of stuff with me just the necessities...i plan on using it for hunting as well but i dont hunt alot....i like to ride fast paced sometimes but all in all i just enjoy riding...i rode a rhino and didn't like it..i'm not tryin to down anyone's machine at all just didn't like it for me...eveyone has good things to say bout the rzr-s....i plan on goin to the dealers and checkin them out just ain't had time yet
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:36 pm

To me the Rhino is a bit more comfortable than the S, so far anyway. But for stock performance there is no comparison, the S is sooooo much better. The Rhino has a more "roomier" feel than the S too, IMO. If you want speed with the sacrifice of not being able to haul much the S is your machine.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:57 pm

now we dont need to start a brand war,but i think the rhino is better all around except speed and performance.but the rhino has more bed room ,more room inside and a better "work"vechile.i love the rzr-s but for us hunting and always seeming to haul things around the rhino fits my needs better for me.butif you are not going to haul alot or do alot of work i and if you ride fast i would get the s.but you make the deision that fits YOUR needs the best.my 2 cents and hope i didnt offeand anyones machine
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:05 pm

. the sportest is the rzr, the most powerful utility is the Prowler1000, teryx 750 or the ranger 800 being they have the biggest motors of the big utility sxs's. you said you dont like the rhino so move on to checking out the other brands it wont be hard to decide once youve checked out them all.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:15 pm

oops then my next all around pick would be the Kawi T-rex 750.but get the one that fits YOUR needs
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:15 pm

If you are mainly going to just ride then the RZR-S is the machine you need to check out.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:46 pm

yep would be my choice too.but it didnt fit our needs even though i liked them
Back to top Go down
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:02 pm

You know guys, The regular RZR is still a great machine. I cant wait to get togeather with all these new S machines and see how everyone is using all the performance the needed. Sure hope there are not just a bunch of posers. The ride I was on I was doing stuff with a regular RZR that not many others wanted a piece of. Keep in mind,you still need a little skill and some balls. The S does not come with either. And please dont say that was not the question, because really it is. pot deadhorse 2cents
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Showtime wrote:
You know guys, The regular RZR is still a great machine. I cant wait to get togeather with all these new S machines and see how everyone is using all the performance the needed. Sure hope there are not just a bunch of posers. The ride I was on I was doing stuff with a regular RZR that not many others wanted a piece of. Keep in mind,you still need a little skill and some balls. The S does not come with either. And please dont say that was not the question, because really it is. pot deadhorse 2cents

With that 10 inches of ground-clearence, you'r right, you do need some skills.........
Back to top Go down
Greg_77

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:37 am

no i dont want a brand war either i found this site searching for sidexside accessories and it's a great forum i wanna thank each of yall for giving your opinion i dont wanna start any arguments just wanted to hear what the consumer had to say as an unbiased opinion you know someone that aint tryin to sell me something yall been a great help....i'm sure after lookin over all them i'll have more questions but thanks again all advice and opinions are appreciated Greg
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:40 am

don't see a deer fiting in back or RZR either.
Back to top Go down
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:01 am

newbie needs advice Icon_question Hey Ridepate, How is it going with the new Ranger purchase. Can't wait to hear your take on that machine. Sounds like the new 800 with PS just may be the BEST answer for ALL the requirements people are looking for. Also, What are those machines selling for? I know you will but I gottta say it, keep us poisted. newbie needs advice 431114 newbie needs advice 952469 newbie needs advice 113872
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:35 am

Showtime wrote:
............ Keep in mind,you still need a little skill and some balls. The S does not come with either. And please dont say that was not the question, because really it is. pot deadhorse 2cents

There is a lot of truth that that Showtime. However, I think for the extra money you get some great mods with the S. The RZR is a very capable machine.

Greg_77 wrote:
no i dont want a brand war either i found this site searching for sidexside accessories and it's a great forum i wanna thank each of yall for giving your opinion i dont wanna start any arguments just wanted to hear what the consumer had to say as an unbiased opinion you know someone that aint tryin to sell me something yall been a great help....i'm sure after lookin over all them i'll have more questions but thanks again all advice and opinions are appreciated Greg

You will always have brand wars. It is up to you to judge who is giving the good advice. I have a Yamaha Rhino and love it. It has been a great machine that has taken me every where I wanted to go along with all the S's. But more then likely I will end up with an S.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:33 am

Greg_77.......You have your work cut out for you Exclamation Exclamation There is no "Perfect" machine as each has their pro's and con's....RidePate had a sweet Rhino....sold it and got a kewl lookin ( when he was done with it) RZR s....found out, with time, that was not the machine for him as there were things the RZR s did not afford him which he wanted and needed.....and now we're waiting for his next ride......stay tuned to find out what that will be Exclamation

I have an '06 Prowler......I think that mine is 1 of 3 in the group. In general, I love the machine, but there are some things that I just can't stand about it.....keep in mind that every year these companies "try" to make improvements to their existing machines and I have found it interesting watching each different machine transform from its original state.

One things for sure, you found the right place to ask for help/ opinions Exclamation With in this group there is every "popular" brand of SxS.....every one has been put through its paces, been tested, played with and modified........Good luck on your search Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:59 am

ridepate wrote:
Showtime wrote:

With that 10 inches of ground-clearence, you'r right, you do need some skills.........

and that depends on how much lbs u have in the seats...... hide hide shutup
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:29 pm

A standard RZR is as capable of going anywhere a S can with a few mods. My 09 LE had 12" ground clearance with a 2'' roktek lift loaded down. A stock S has the same. There is no where a S could go that it could not go right behind it, the few extra hp the S has is of no use except for top speed.

That said im not telling you to buy either, just that they both are good machines. Only buy a rzr or a S if you want to play more than work or hunt or you will be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 pm

And if you want the plush ride. an S rides a lot better
than a regular RZR , or anything out there right now.... allright
Back to top Go down
Greg_77

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:03 am

thanks again yall......yeah i definitely would be riding more than hunting....i plan on checking out some sxs as soon as i get time but from what i've read and talk to a few people the razr is what i'm more interested in but i wont know for sure til i ride one... i did a search and i was surprised at all the accessories available for the sxs......i was thinking just a top with a radio and maybe some doors but couldn't believe my eyes when i seen a heater was available for the razr that would be nice on them cold rides...what do yall think is necessary add ons after the purchase?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:08 am

First thing on an SXS in the winter is Windshield
and roof.
if you want Doors on a RZR . the ones Pate had
now on Badrides are the nicest doors i ever seen.
and if your really serious you can get a cab , yet pricey
but nice in winter , specialy if you have
the heater.... allright
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:12 am

a top
windshield
winch
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 am

buy a warm suit and some gloves,
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:48 pm

GunRunner wrote:
buy a warm suit and some gloves,

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs advice   newbie needs advice Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie needs advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next