SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions for HID owners???

Go down 
+3
ridepate
AIRBORNE
Woodtick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Questions for HID owners??? Empty
PostSubject: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:17 pm

I still have nothing more than stock lights on my Rhino. If those HID's are as bright as ya'll say, and I have no doubt they are, how the heck do you guys keep from blinding one another when on group night rides?? Especially if there would happen to be a little snow on the ground.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 pm

You get a lot more light, so yes, it does cause a blinding effect if you are coming at someone. If you are riding with a group of HIDs and you don't have them, you might as well turn your stock lights off because you will not see them. I advise anyone to get HIDs. They pull less juice and are a lot brighter. I can always "wear my sunglasses at night". Wait, wasn't that a song....... muhaha
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Woodtick wrote:
I still have nothing more than stock lights on my Rhino. If those HID's are as bright as ya'll say, and I have no doubt they are, how the heck do you guys keep from blinding one another when on group night rides?? Especially if there would happen to be a little snow on the ground.

Phil,
The best set-up ,IMO to aviod that situation is to get some bumper-mount HIDs not the stock replacements. Then you can turn them on and off at your at your leisure.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Phil , I have both the convertions and the bumper mount.
to be honist. the convertions shine wide , and the bumper mount,
shine long like a pencil beam. i dont think the convertions
would really blind people to bad. But if you turn both on.
it would be like looking into the sun..... lol!
The way there configured. the Bumper mounted Kragens
seem to be brighter than the convertions. even though
there the same power light. either way you go. with just convertions.
or bumper mounted HID. or both. it will be a 150% improvement
from what you have. Rhino stock head lights sux..
and RZR stock head lights ant much better... No
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 pm

After riding with hids you will wonder how you even could see the trail with the stockers. Its that big a difference.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Phil, do you have any type of aftermarket bumper?? If so, Pate's idea is a good one. If price is a consideration, your cheapest route is to replace the stockers. Once you buy a bumper and two Kragen bumper lights you are gonna be pushing 400-450, whereas replacing your stockers will only cost you between 150-170. Hope this helps. Post up some pics if you go to modding!!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:06 pm

You don't need to buy a bumper. You can mount them on a stock one. I have a mount I'll send ya. My reasoning behind no stock replacement HIDs is this. I encounter road traffic at times, the stock replacement HIDs will blind an on-comming vehicle, they are not DOT approved. They are so bright, it's a waste to have both, IMO. With a set of stand-alones, you can turn them off and use the stockers.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:08 pm

There ya go Phil!! You can't beat that with a stick......best of both worlds!!
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks Jimbo, but really I was just thinking / wondering aloud. Bout the only time I ride at night is getting into / out of the woods before daylight and after dark during deer season. And for that the stock lights seem to work fine. i was just trying to understand if 10 or so buggies on a night ride and everyone with a rear view mirror, there were gonna be some sore eyeballs before the ride was over?? Being retired, I have a lot of time to sit around and think of Questions for HID owners??? 833704 like this! Questions for HID owners??? 13435 Questions for HID owners??? 13435 Thanks again man, your generosity knows no bounds!
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:20 am

Woodtick wrote:
Thanks Jimbo, but really I was just thinking / wondering aloud. Bout the only time I ride at night is getting into / out of the woods before daylight and after dark during deer season. And for that the stock lights seem to work fine. i was just trying to understand if 10 or so buggies on a night ride and everyone with a rear view mirror, there were gonna be some sore eyeballs before the ride was over?? Being retired, I have a lot of time to sit around and think of Questions for HID owners??? 833704 like this! Questions for HID owners??? 13435 Questions for HID owners??? 13435 Thanks again man, your generosity knows no bounds!

experienced that on the bell county ride. they definitely scar your retinas. i now know what the deer in the middle of the road go thru Questions for HID owners??? 729242
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 pm

I say if your going to ride at night, get them. I had a new RZRS at the last Wind Rock ride and was the only one without them. That was, I was the only one who had trouble seeing. Get Em.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions for HID owners???   Questions for HID owners??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions for HID owners???
Page 1 of 1