SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tilt windshield

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Tilt windshield Empty
PostSubject: Tilt windshield   Tilt windshield EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Hey guys I really appreciate all of the advise in the past and I have a couple more questions. I have a 2009 RZRS and I purchased the tilting front windshield. It pushes out to allow air flow into the cab when it gets hot. My question is can you tow it with the the windshield mounted and in the closed position. Also I have the poly rear windshield and would it be alright to tow it with the front winshield off or only if it is mounted. I sent emails to Polaris and never got an answer.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Tilt windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tilt windshield   Tilt windshield EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:34 pm

It should be fine dino. I see no reason not to tow with it on. I might hesitate on the rear one tho. If it's the usual Velco-on type, it don't take but a min. to remove it.
Back to top Go down
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

Tilt windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tilt windshield   Tilt windshield EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 pm

the rear is a plexiglass type. I had the velcro type and it lasted about three rides. It got covered in mud and it was about 20 degrees and when I rolled it up to travel the wind tore it in half. That is why I bought the plexiglass. But I don't want to have to remove it everytime I travel.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Tilt windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tilt windshield   Tilt windshield EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Dino wrote:
the rear is a plexiglass type. I had the velcro type and it lasted about three rides. It got covered in mud and it was about 20 degrees and when I rolled it up to travel the wind tore it in half. That is why I bought the plexiglass. But I don't want to have to remove it everytime I travel.

Gotcha. I'd tow with both then. Sould not be a problem. The front will block air at the rear.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Tilt windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tilt windshield   Tilt windshield EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:55 am

i tow with both my EMP front and rear windsheilds well above 80mph with no trouble. i back the rzr on backwards on the trailer. i have to so my small trailer will have tongue weight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

Tilt windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tilt windshield   Tilt windshield EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Here is the windshield I haveTilt windshield Yhst-76800471066344_2095_15159477
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tilt windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tilt windshield   Tilt windshield Empty

Back to top Go down

Tilt windshield
Page 1 of 1