SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Board of Directors Poll

Go down 
+7
Z28
GODAWGS
Clutch
Clayboy
GunRunner
Admin
wvyankee2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we Elect a Board of Directors?
Yes-We need Organized Leadership to move us forward.
Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 I_vote_lcap62%Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 16 ]
No-Things are great as they are. let's keep it simple.
Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 6:51 pm

I didn't forget this one. Wasn't room for him and his girl in the picture above lol!

Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 Contessavs9
Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 Contessavs9.edc17821b4

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FLY TRAP

FLY TRAP

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:10 pm

sorry it took me so long to get on and vote been out of pocket.............

LATER
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:32 pm

flytrap who????????????????????????????????? lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:40 pm

Looks like all has voted..now how are we goin to elect board members???????
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:12 am

I propose this friday night between 7:00 and 8:00 pm, we have a special chat session where we Nominate Candidates. Each nomination will need to be motioned and seconded, and accepted by Nominee. So, Potential Nominee's will need to be present to be nominated. We can start a thread that someone who isn't able to be in the Chat room can leave a post accepting nomination if Nominated. This way all bases are covered for all members. Only question is , is this friday too soon or should we wait for next friday to give everyone more time. We also need to decide how many Board members we want. i think at least 3, and no more than 5. Jump in and give your opinion here. :D

After Nominations are over, we will start a voting thread with all the Nominees, unless there are only 3-5, then they will be automatic Board members. Run it for a week and top vote getters are in. As I stated before, I think the Initial Board should decide who holds what position on the Board. Another option is to have a mail in ballot if we cant get the poll to work the way we need to. Feed back folks bounce
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:47 am

wow. I went on vacation since Wednesday of last week and now I have to read..... A LOT!! Wink

I voted already.

chat nominating and voting works for me - but I think the people that voted for no board or change will probably not participate - therefore - it shoudl be pretty....
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:40 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
I propose this friday night between 7:00 and 8:00 pm, we have a special chat session where we Nominate Candidates. Each nomination will need to be motioned and seconded, and accepted by Nominee. So, Potential Nominee's will need to be present to be nominated. We can start a thread that someone who isn't able to be in the Chat room can leave a post accepting nomination if Nominated. This way all bases are covered for all members. Only question is , is this friday too soon or should we wait for next friday to give everyone more time. We also need to decide how many Board members we want. i think at least 3, and no more than 5. Jump in and give your opinion here. :D

After Nominations are over, we will start a voting thread with all the Nominees, unless there are only 3-5, then they will be automatic Board members. Run it for a week and top vote getters are in. As I stated before, I think the Initial Board should decide who holds what position on the Board. Another option is to have a mail in ballot if we cant get the poll to work the way we need to. Feed back folks bounce

I think it would be a better idea to run it like any election, asking THOSE that want to be on the board throw their hat in the ring. The other way you may end up with a board of people who did not want to be on it. I cant see any of us who voted to keep this a simple riders group wanting to be board members so that leaves you with a potential of 15 members who did. Maybe enough of you will step up and run what you voted to have. You know looking back at the posts, the board should be made up of its greatest supporters. That list is not that big these guys posted 1 or many times pushing the "whole make it big idea", I give you my version of the New Board of Directors 👽 wheelin, wvyankee, rhinomcb, Z28 & rsrrhino, cheers
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:58 pm

My 2cents, but something to consider. I think that the initial Board should be a group who live close enough to each other to be able to meet several times a year. This first Board may need to meet several times in the first 2 months. I just think a Board that is spread out geographically for the initial organization setup, will not be as efficent.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:04 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
My 2cents, but something to consider. I think that the initial Board should be a group who live close enough to each other to be able to meet several times a year. This first Board may need to meet several times in the first 2 months. I just think a Board that is spread out geographically for the initial organization setup, will not be as efficent.
the sxs riders are all spread out already, not many live what you would call close by each other. I think you will have to figure out how to do this on here or via the phone or email.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Rhinomcb and I are about 40 min from each other..others are far away? IDK how we all will meet?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:41 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:

i agree with yankee.

and if the nominees dont want to do it ,then they can step up and say no. :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:44 pm

i think this friday would be ok.

z 28 has said he wouldnt have time but would help when he could with whatever
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Should Work Just Fine :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:16 pm

What are we doin friday? I wont be here past 6..
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Yeah who is home on a friday night around 7 or 8?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:38 pm

i got ho's to tend to guys lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:04 pm

Whore Dog lol!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:36 am

Maybe we need to do what Gunny suggests. Anyone interested in serving on the Board, send an email to Wheelin and he will place all names on a post ballot. We can place a thread up for a week informing everyone to put in their name if interested. We still need to decide how many we want on the Board. Let's start thinking about this and get it done!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:38 am

Gunrunner, check your mail Exclamation
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Gunrunner, check your mail Exclamation
reply sent.
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:22 am

I think Yankee would be a good one and Gunny..........let some of the elders lead us!!!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:18 pm

GODAWGS wrote:
I think Yankee would be a good one and Gunny..........let some of the elders lead us!!!
Gunny, thinks if it ain't broke why try and fix it. lol!
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:36 pm

HA HA maybe we should have board members for certain regions
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 2:19 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
After some discussion, the supporting members of the SouthernSXSRiders are being asked what their thoughts are on how we should move forward with this Organization. Please respond to the Poll on whether you think we should have a Board of Directors to help our group grow in the future. Posts with comments on this subject are welcome in this thread.

Folk's this above is the first post of this thread. While i'm greatful to see all the supporting members have voted on this issue, I am a little dissapointed in the amount of thoughts and feedback that was givin by the 26 who voted. This thread has been pretty much run by a small handful of supporting members and I know that there are alot more thoughts and ideas about how this group should proceed than has been givin. Like I said in the first post, your comments are welcome and maybe I should have said "wanted and needed". Anyway we are going to be moving forward with this Board and there is no need to rush this into place. Still lots of time to discuss the direction of this group. Remember this group of Supporting members are all this Board will represent. There are 179 forum members now, but 153 of them have nothing to do with this group. They are only forum members. We are a very small group and I would like to see this run as a "Bottom up" and not a "Top down" organization. So, please give your thoughts or ideas on how you would like to see this proceed...........WVYankee's 2 cents (1 of 26) I'd like to hear yours. cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 3:08 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
After some discussion, the supporting members of the SouthernSXSRiders are being asked what their thoughts are on how we should move forward with this Organization. Please respond to the Poll on whether you think we should have a Board of Directors to help our group grow in the future. Posts with comments on this subject are welcome in this thread.

Folk's this above is the first post of this thread. While i'm greatful to see all the supporting members have voted on this issue, I am a little dissapointed in the amount of thoughts and feedback that was givin by the 26 who voted. This thread has been pretty much run by a small handful of supporting members and I know that there are alot more thoughts and ideas about how this group should proceed than has been givin. Like I said in the first post, your comments are welcome and maybe I should have said "wanted and needed". Anyway we are going to be moving forward with this Board and there is no need to rush this into place. Still lots of time to discuss the direction of this group. Remember this group of Supporting members are all this Board will represent. There are 179 forum members now, but 153 of them have nothing to do with this group. They are only forum members. We are a very small group and I would like to see this run as a "Bottom up" and not a "Top down" organization. So, please give your thoughts or ideas on how you would like to see this proceed...........WVYankee's 2 cents (1 of 26) I'd like to hear yours. cheers bounce

Well said yank cheers I as most know voted to keep it a simple riders group, but the majority has voted and want to have a board of directors and to build this group into something larger. IMO the next step should be to decide how many board members are needed and a show of hands to any that are willing to step up and be considered for a seat on that board. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Board of Directors Poll   Board of Directors Poll - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Board of Directors Poll
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next