SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Check your ball-joint bolts.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Check your ball-joint bolts. Empty
PostSubject: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:53 pm

I found 4 out of 4 loose. The joints are cross-drilled to accept the cotter-pins in two different places. All it takes is a 19mm wrench. You can check them without removing the cotter-it, will be quite noticable.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:33 am

Ridepate has OFFICIALLY discovered frist hand THE WEAKEST link of the RHINO.... the entire drive and steering attachments....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:41 am

No kidding man. I've figured it will take at least 1k to make the Rhino front-end raceable. Rack,rods,splidles, no thanks. I may go another route completely in the next few months.....
Back to top Go down
jimrs

jimrs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 10:46 am

I have read that on other sites about loose ball joints on the '08 rhino's. I have not checked mine but will get it done this week. I also had a friend tell me his were loose on his '08 rhino this last week end. It would be a good idea to check them and tighten them up.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:06 am

red locktite! will keep them tight.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:38 pm

the only problem gunny - is that is just a small problem for the big pic...

RIDEPATE is right - to race these things COMPETITIVELY you have to make the front end beefier... but that means going out of the Lites class and into a whole another arena - and Im with pate here too, if you are going to go to that much trouble - might wanna think another option.

I for one have decided to stay LITE, race when I can, but not set the entire machine up around it....
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Remember guys. Only tighten to 22 ft/lbs. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check your ball-joint bolts.   Check your ball-joint bolts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Check your ball-joint bolts.
Page 1 of 1