SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR air intake

Go down 
+15
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
DirtDawber
mason
4x4pac
wvyankee2
DoddS
Showtime
Don
ridepate
bush
GunRunner
AIRBORNE
ChrisC
RZRSguy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RZR air intake - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am

Well excuse my skepticism, but the person who is telling me the Factory system is no good is the guy who sells a replacement system. lol! Ive seen well over 3000 miles of proof that the new 09 updated system works great, but maybe Oklahoma dust is different, but then i never plan on riding there so i guess im safe. No doubt you have a good system but if you go on forums stating the stock system is no good, you should disclose you have a vested financial interest in why your stating this. It's kinda like talking to a guy and he's bad mouthing fords then you find out he owns a chevy dealership. RZR air intake - Page 2 13435
Most of us saw the write up Bush did showing the original filter after he put it thru the nastiest dust and dirt for over 1700 miles and in pictures the TB was as clean as it was the day it left the factory, and many others including mine that had no issues as well. Thats solid real world proof the factory system works. Ive researched your system and it looks good, If I had a 08 RZR i would buy one! Or Maybe if i lived in a area much different from ours your system might give added protection but where most of us ride if you have the fully updated 09 or 010 system its just not needed IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:07 pm

Don wrote:
You see, we have seen the dust already leaking by the 2010.

if one keeps a close eye on what they have, they should not have a problem. Or at least catch it soon enough so it doesnt cause to much damage.

Don wrote:
My shop has tested the air box four times now, one out of every six have failed.(we gather all the stock boxes that our dealer replaces with our box).

What I am saying is I work very closely with a few different manufactures, which in turn I see things that most dont.

GunRunner wrote:
Well excuse my skepticism, but the person who is telling me he has dust getting by the new system is the guy who sells a replacement system. lol! .

Don is not getting a fair shake here Gunny. He has been a member here for 2 months and has not in any way been pushing his product. He is simply stating that some and not all filter systems are still failing, and you should keep an eye on it. That is just good advise for our members who want to get the best service they can out of their machines.

With that said it looks like he has a well thought out product that has worked well for some of our members, and is fairly priced. It someone here discovers that they are having dust issues I would recommend they take a look at his product. No harm in that.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:01 pm

A fair shake??? that goes both ways! Im not putting him or his product down, just saying giving us a "fair shake" would have been to disclose up front that youre selling a product to replace the one you're saying doesn't work. I stand by what i said as being "fair to all". He seems to have a good system at a fair price, if someone needs it thats good but most of us dont and thats backed up by real world tests.
As to "pushing" his product as you said, he did post the website, price and shipping info, I guess you happened to miss that in your multi quote frenzy roflmao
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:08 pm

My main issue is with the mounting and the boot. It seems from what I've read ,it's the way the stock-box is mounted, to the frame, the motor flexes, the box does not, and thus the boot comes off or loose. I can see where a box mounted to float with the motor is the best set-up.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:32 pm

ridepate wrote:
My main issue is with the mounting and the boot. It seems from what I've read ,it's the way the stock-box is mounted, to the frame, the motor flexes, the box does not, and thus the boot comes off or loose. I can see where a box mounted to float with the motor is the best set-up.

Thats how it was on the 08, the 09 has a new designed Flex boot that stays put. Not an issue on anything made since early of 08.

Here is what polaris did to make the system work:
The following is a summary of the Model Year 2009 changes.
--Better Throttle Body boot and connection
--Better sealed airbox lid. This was accomplished by adding a 3rd clip
--Hose clamp was replaced with a new injection molded air filter sealing ring
--New “closed cell” foam was placed around intake dog house
--The filter was changed to have 100% more pleated surface area and 2 ½ times the pleat depth. A new severe duty environment type media was spec’d.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm gonna get one ,for nothing else but peace of mind. For me not to have to worry about it while in the dust, is worth every bit of 265.00.
I frankly don't trust the stock set-up, it's pretty hokey........
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:29 pm

GunRunner wrote:
As to "pushing" his product as you said, he did post the website, price and shipping info, I guess you happened to miss that in your multi quote frenzy roflmao

No, I saw that Gunny. He only did so after Dodd introduced him and Airborne LT asked for it. I dont see any devious trickery on his part at all. Give the guy a break. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:46 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

No, I saw that Gunny. He only did so after Dodd introduced him and Airborne LT asked for it. I dont see any devious trickery on his part at all. Give the guy a break. Rolling Eyes

Yank, stop spreading the YELLOW SNOW I never said anything was devious or trickery , youre just trying to make me out the badguy as usual.

What happened to being "Fair and Balanced" that you were touting a few days ago?
I guess its what ever suits you at the moment thatsright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Gunny, I think you need to go back and read your post again. Your words I think speak for themselves. If not please explain what you were trying to say. The way I read it was you where insinuating that the guy was exagerating the dust issue to sell filters. If that was not your intention, then what was?????????
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:14 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
The way I read it was you where insinuating that the guy was exaggerating the dust issue to sell filters. If that was not your intention, then what was?????????
My intention? Just for the facts to be brought out so anybody interested could make a informed decision on whats best for them. I dont know if he is exaggerating his problem or not and did not insinuate that, being he lives in a totally different part of the country than we do maybe he has problems we dont.
I do know its not that way around here based on several thousands of miles of use. So again youre trying to put me in a bad light by trying to make something into something its not. Lately When you come in a topic i post in It's never really about the topic at hand its all about pot Why is that???

I also said i thought he had a good product at a good price for those that might need it or just might want to have it. allright
I just dont think most of us need a aftermarket system regardless of who makes it when the stock one has been proven to work in the environment we ride in and that yank is called an opinion and it might be different from yours which is allowed here in the good old USA lol!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Don, thanks for the info. I saw your setup on Dodd's machine. I like it.

Last edited by Airborne LT on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Holy shit. I am sorry I asked now.

Dont be LT, information exchange is a good thing! thatsright This aint "dont ask-dont tell " roflmao

This is Full Disclosure, ask everything ! and maybe the answers will bring on a higher knowledge or at least in yanks case a chance to man the pot pot roflmao
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Holy shit. I am sorry I asked now.

Nightmares of "Dust" ???? roflmao No worries bro.

"I just dont think most of us need a aftermarket system"

" but where most of us ride if you have the fully updated 09 or 010 system its just not needed IMO."

Gunny things like "Where (I) ride" or "I just don't think (I) need a aftermarket system" really would be a better statement. Just saying man.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Anyone ever notice that every time someone is trying to have a decent discussion on a topic. gunny has to bring all his drama in and start shit. I would think this crap would be getting old with everyone and I also think the admins would get tired of it. I think it is time to stop all the BS and tell know it all gunny to hit the door! thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Okay......if this starts to get ugly, we will just lock the thread.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:18 pm

poo HitFan
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Geezzzzzzzzzzzz......holding my head (not that one) in my hands.............
You can pull out the Master-Lock this time Captain..........
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Absolutely no reason to lock a thread. Do something with the problem ( GUNNY) so there will not be anymore of his shit in the future. If it is not this thread it will be the next one and the one after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:38 pm

I inviteted Don to OUR site for any of you that might feel the need for some extra pice of mind. If you don’t want it fine if you do fine but Don is on here because I asked him. NOT TO "PUSH" HIS PRODUCT. I went through King quad dust problems and it cost a rebuild. I listened to guys like BobbyD and his rebuilds and I actually bought one of Don’s setups before I even bought the RZR and I like it. 2cents
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Dodd, is the filter available at a tractor dealer?? Or where do you get a replacement?? If you ever need one that is.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

GunRunner wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
The way I read it was you where insinuating that the guy was exaggerating the dust issue to sell filters. If that was not your intention, then what was?????????

So again youre trying to put me in a bad light by trying to make something into something its not. Lately When you come in a topic i post in It's never really about the topic at hand its all about pot Why is that???

Gunny, I am in no way trying to make you look bad. Let me explain. The following statements by you are perfectly legitimate and if they were used in this debate would not have had a response by me.

GunRunner wrote:
Ive seen well over 3000 miles of proof that the new 09 updated system works great.

Most of us saw the write up Bush did showing the original filter after he put it thru the nastiest dust and dirt for over 1700 miles and in pictures the TB was as clean as it was the day it left the factory, and many others including mine that had no issues as well. Thats solid real world proof the factory system works. Ive researched your system and it looks good, If I had a 08 RZR i would buy one! Or Maybe if i lived in a area much different from ours your system might give added protection but where most of us ride if you have the fully updated 09 or 010 system its just not needed IMO.

The following statements I view at best as borderline flaming which is not the type of atmosphere we want to portray here to new members who are trying to provide some info about a problem they have some experience with

GunRunner wrote:
Well excuse my skepticism, but the person who is telling me the Factory system is no good is the guy who sells a replacement system. lol! Ive seen well over 3000 miles of proof that the new 09 updated system works great, but maybe Oklahoma dust is different, but then i never plan on riding there so i guess im safe.

No doubt you have a good system but if you go on forums stating the stock system is no good, you should disclose you have a vested financial interest in why your stating this. It's kinda like talking to a guy and he's bad mouthing fords then you find out he owns a chevy dealership. RZR air intake - Page 2 13435

All I asked you to do Gunny was give the guy a brake and a fair shake in discussing the issue. The intention was not to make you look bad, but to try to make us all look better. These type of threads have not placed a very good light on the forum lately and need to stop.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 pm

4x4pac wrote:
Anyone ever notice that every time someone is trying to have a decent discussion on a topic. gunny has to bring all his drama in and start shit. I would think this crap would be getting old with everyone and I also think the admins would get tired of it. I think it is time to stop all the BS and tell know it all gunny to hit the door! thatsright

This type of thread does not help the situation any. If you have complaints please use the PM and not call out for a lynching on the open forum. Our goal here is that we all treat each other with some respect. I would think we can all agree that the results would be good for all.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 pm

i had 1700 dusty miles on my 09LE and no dust made it passed the filter. do i trust the stock airbox 100%? NO that is why i check it after each ride.

on my 2010 i have no plan to change from the stock filter. i plan to keep an eye on it and if i see dust in the intake i will change it. but as of now im just going to drive and not worry about it. allright
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:46 pm

bush wrote:
i had 1700 dusty miles on my 09LE and no dust made it passed the filter. do i trust the stock airbox 100%? NO that is why i check it after each ride.

on my 2010 i have no plan to change from the stock filter. i plan to keep an eye on it and if i see dust in the intake i will change it. but as of now im just going to drive and not worry about it. allright

If you rode Wagon Wheel for a lot of those miles I can vouch that you were in some serious dust. thatsright
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:47 pm

ahhhhchoooo me too...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR air intake
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next