SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR air intake

Go down 
+15
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
DirtDawber
mason
4x4pac
wvyankee2
DoddS
Showtime
Don
ridepate
bush
GunRunner
AIRBORNE
ChrisC
RZRSguy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

RZR air intake - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:38 am

Here we go again. Can we just move on and bust on something new?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:49 am

A friend of mine here in KY bought a RZR LE. He has designed a snorkel kit for it. It comes up between the seats. It utilizes a snorkel with filter for the airbox and CVT. So basically you are getting the cooler air above the bed and it's filtered prior to hitting the airbox. It looks really nice and works great. The only problem with it that I see is it will prevent the use of the between the seats Polaris bag that many RZR owners have, including myself. If anyone is interested in it, I can try and put you in touch with him.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:56 am

Clayboy wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:
How come almost every nasty tread on this site is one that starts with a RZR???

As many of us have said before the FORD VS CHEVY thing will continue but why take it personal?? In reality all manufacturers are making excellent machines I am not going to say one is all out better than the other although they all do have there weaknesses and strengths.

Perception, Perception, Perception. This is an excellent example of how this stuff has effected this forum. You can go back and read every post in this thread, and not one has bashed the RZR. In fact it is primarily only RZR owners that are talking about the issue the thread was written about in the first place. Not a single person that does not own a RZR made a single comment about the topic at hand on this thread, which was the air intake issue on the RZR.

Perception, Perception, Perception?

RZR air intake - Page 4 Comparetyf

How should one precieve this picture? Is this person bashing an RZR or is this person bashing an RZR owner? It's really hard for me to tell.

Hey bush, this just reminded me! Are you going to put the billet aluminum diff cage you put in the LE in this pic in your new S ? I heard you removed it
before the insurance co. picked it up. If so could you post pics of the install this time?
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Clayboy wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:
How come almost every nasty tread on this site is one that starts with a RZR???

As many of us have said before the FORD VS CHEVY thing will continue but why take it personal?? In reality all manufacturers are making excellent machines I am not going to say one is all out better than the other although they all do have there weaknesses and strengths.

Perception, Perception, Perception. This is an excellent example of how this stuff has effected this forum. You can go back and read every post in this thread, and not one has bashed the RZR. In fact it is primarily only RZR owners that are talking about the issue the thread was written about in the first place. Not a single person that does not own a RZR made a single comment about the topic at hand on this thread, which was the air intake issue on the RZR.

Perception, Perception, Perception?

RZR air intake - Page 4 Comparetyf

How should one precieve this picture? Is this person bashing an RZR or is this person bashing an RZR owner? It's really hard for me to tell.

You have a valid point here Clay. This post by me was percieved by some to be much more than what it was. This issue was taken to a PM by me and I was under the perception that it was resolved with the people I talked to. Maybe I was wrong.

The situation is this. There is an atmosphere on this forum that is eating away at it like a cancer. Posts that used to be innocent and fun have now turned to being percieved as hateful and bashing. Let me give you an example. Here is a post from many months ago that we all used to get a chuckle out of, and viewed as innocent hacking on another member.

unknown wrote:
Pate , congrats on the new ride. cheers if i was a racer like you.
i may have looked that way. I hope you have good luck with it.
i just wanted the reliability of the rhino. The RZR's have just not been
reliable enough for me in the past. maybe the new ones will be a different story.
eather way , i am sure it will be a blast.

But i have a new Tow hook, and if you need me
I will be there..... allright

unknown..... :D

We all know what would happen if the same post was written by me today to someone who was buying a new RZR. The question is why? The only answer that makes sense is that there are issues here that people have, that causes them to have a vested interest in seeing to it that the pot continues to stir. The Administration is trying hard to address these issues and resolve them. Our goal is to bring back the fun for ALL

With that being said. We would like to remind all of our forum members to be mindful of the current atmosphere, and please take the time to think about what your posting before you do to help us get back on track here.

It is our hope that all of our forum members want to help to be a solution to this problem, and not be a continuing source of the problem.

Yank
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Yank, that is a very valid point also. There is a ton of tension on this board and things we used to joke about in a "light hearted" mannor are now turned into "heated" discussions.

It was wrong of me to dig this one up and keep the fire burning, but maybe we can use this to clear the air.

Many may look at the Admins on this board and hold them responsible for any tension or stress that is present, but I think we all need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves: What POSITIVE things have I contributed today? If the answer to that question is NOTHING, then we shouldn't have a right to complain.

This is the best bunch of people I have ever met in my life period! I will do whatever it takes to add value to this group.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Clayboy wrote:
It was wrong of me to dig this one up and keep the fire burning, but maybe we can use this to clear the air.

This is the best bunch of people I have ever met in my life period! I will do whatever it takes to add value to this group.

I agree with you on clearing the air Clay. I read your post and took the time to give it the consideration it deserves. I could have viewed it as wrong or right. I did a little self reflection and decided you were right. I have to take responsibility for the posts I made that added to this problem.

I agree with you about the people here too. I currently have some SidexSide brothers who I used to be pretty tight with that for reasons of their own are not real happy with me right now. Going forward I truly hope to change that.

We have to remember that the fine line between teasing and flaming rests directly on how we feel about each other when the posts are made. Thats why someone might jump on a post with both feet while another member will scratch their head and ask, "What was that all about?" When we patch up our personal differences, all this will go away. Not because we will be saying anything differently than we are now on the forum. But because we will have a different perception of what is written when we read it.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I would love to see all of us patch up our differences. Especially in a po po air intake thread...........

Drunk2
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Big-R wrote:
I would love to see all of us patch up our differences. Especially in a po po air intake thread...........

Drunk2

There you go again, getting all warm and fuzzy! Drunk2
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:07 pm

GunRunner wrote:

Hey bush, this just reminded me! Are you going to put the billet aluminum diff cage you put in the LE in this pic in your new S ? I heard you removed it
before the insurance co. picked it up. If so could you post pics of the install this time?

gunny i do plan to put the aluminum cage in the S and i will try and take pics when i do it with a full how 2. it is a very simple install and it can be done in less than one hour. but i dont think i will be putting it in until i break the stock one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Big-R wrote:

RZR air intake - Page 4 293566

There you go again, getting all warm and fuzzy! RZR air intake - Page 4 293566

He is that kind of guy. RZR air intake - Page 4 Lol
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks Bush! Look forward to it!

Dang guys youre making feel like we need a big old campfire and a group hug. Sad
I will do my part to bring us together again allright

RZR air intake - Page 4 Smurfs10
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:51 pm

GunRunner wrote:

Dang guys youre making feel like we need a big old campfire and a group hug. Sad

cheers
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:56 pm

GunRunner wrote:

What we need is a 72 degree ride in the mountains..............Anybody want to go to Costa-Rica???
Back to top Go down
WV Rider
SSXSRider Member
WV Rider

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:11 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Big-R wrote:

Drunk2

There you go again, getting all warm and fuzzy! Drunk2

I've seen thier idea of "warm and fuzzy" not a pretty sight!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Showtime

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:58 pm

I need a tissue and a huy. thatsright Chug allright Thanks Please help
Back to top Go down
Showtime

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:59 pm

I ment HUG
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:18 pm

i hope to see you guys become friends again and have fun on this great site. its time for the B.S. to end 2cents
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR air intake
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4