SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR air intake

Go down 
+15
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
DirtDawber
mason
4x4pac
wvyankee2
DoddS
Showtime
Don
ridepate
bush
GunRunner
AIRBORNE
ChrisC
RZRSguy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

RZR air intake - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:55 pm

pate, yes you can get them from NAPA, big truck shops and some equipment dealers. Don includes the part numbers for most good brands. Fleetguard, Donaldson, Baldwin, Wix, and others.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:30 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
4x4pac wrote:
Anyone ever notice that every time someone is trying to have a decent discussion on a topic. gunny has to bring all his drama in and start shit. I would think this crap would be getting old with everyone and I also think the admins would get tired of it. I think it is time to stop all the BS and tell know it all gunny to hit the door! thatsright

This type of thread does not help the situation any. If you have complaints please use the PM and not call out for a lynching on the open forum. Our goal here is that we all treat each other with some respect. I would think we can all agree that the results would be good for all.

I have had many PM's from admins and mods, all of them basically said the same thing "try to ignore the jerk". I have even pmed him which I knew would do no good. I would have better luck talking to one of the trees in my front yard. Many people are tired of the same old stuff and it has manly been caused by one person. That would be the same one that called one of my front bumpers "junk" for no reason.

If the admins want to stop this and they do not want anyone to call the " jerk " out on the forums, then why dont you admins try suspending him for a week. Instead of taking it out on the ones that enjoy being here and do not start stuff, take action with the one person who is always starting stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Gunny's like your big dog that barks all night. Annoying, but you need the alarm sometimes. :D :D :D
Just pop an extra Tylenol PM and it's all good. RZR air intake - Page 3 13435
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 pm

DoddS wrote:
pate, yes you can get them from NAPA, big truck shops and some equipment dealers. Don includes the part numbers for most good brands. Fleetguard, Donaldson, Baldwin, Wix, and others.

Thank you sir. good info. About the YELLOW plug. Only run it in water?? What about a place like WW, where there is dust and water??? Leave it in and evacuate the dust from time to time??
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Stop whinning 4x4pac it makes you sound like a CandyAss you jump in every RZR topic that comes up just to heckle me, get a life! So this all boils down to what? The fact i was surprised the guy telling me my airbox system will probably let dust in and ruin my motor sells replacement systems? If so yes i was! Does that make his info bad or good? I dont know but it sure raises a issue of possible bias or At least it should.
Pate brought up a good question, what filter is used in this airbox, cause a airbox aint shit without a great filter, hell you could run without a airbox as long as the filter is sealed to the throttle body good, so it dont make a shit of difference if you run a aftermarket airbox or a popo if the filter is sealed and its a good filtering filter you will have no dust get by it, anybody who took high school auto shop should be able to figure that out. Everytime a RZR topic comes up, A few rhino boyz and others jump in on me and here we go, its been like this since a bunch of rhino owners made the switch to the RZR, its not me making the forum look bad its the fact that its divided now with as many rzr owners as rhino owners and for some reason that generates ill will that pours over into topics that have nothing to do with them.You dont see me posting in the rhino topics cause i dont feel its my place since I DONT OWN ONE! If my asking questions and bringing things out in the light for open honest discussions is a problem then i guess the highlight to this forum will head more to saying welcome2
and HappyBD rather than being a place where knowledge is shared and appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 am

GunRunner wrote:
hell you could run without a airbox as long as the filter is sealed to the throttle body good, so it dont make a shit of difference if you have his airbox or a popo if the filter is sealed and its a good filtering filter you will have no dust get by it, anybody who took high school auto shop can figure that one out.

Once again a total stupid dumb ass post by the one who thinks he knows it all. Wonder how well any ones ride would run with no air box? No vacuum to make the carbs open correctly. No restriction on air so that you air fuel ratio would be correct. Gunny please go to school and learn something before you post or stop post. You are a total idiot that knows nothing about anything. Oh and since I work on all makes and models of sxs's and atv's this post does involve me. At least I dont make stupid statements like the one you just made. Gunny this is no long "your house" if it was the house would fall down. EVERYONE is tired of your stupidity and your stupid comments. Do us all a favor and STFU already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:18 am

it takes 2!!!

Eat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:22 am

4x4pac, Why would you jump into a discussion about the RZR air box and mention the word carb???? Can you tell me where mine carb is? I would ask Gunny but then you may disagree with his answer, seeing as how you work on all this stuff everyday and know everything about ALL BRANDS. We should all be happy there are two guys on this site that between the two of them know SO MUCH. Problem is they just do not agree with each other ABOUT ANYTHING and seem to hate each other!!! Or is that just me who has noticed this?

BACK ON THE ORIGIONAL TOPIC
The only thing constructive I have to say (because I have an 08 RZR) and have witnessed and lived with these issues. Is that the system Don is selling makes sence to me mainly because the air box no longer attaches to the frame. THAT IS WHY I MAY CONSIDER THE PRODUCT, not necessarly for the filtering. I said it once and I will say it again. The boot coming off or being loose is 95% of the issue I feel. Someone I met on one of the rides told me he had his top end replaced as I did. Picked up his machine, took it for a ride and then checked the TB to boot connection and found the dealer had forgotten to properly tighten the hose clamp on the boot to TB AGAIN!!! The tech was probably trained by the same guy that trained the guys on the production line who left the clamp loose on the 08 machines. I know I said I rolled my machine early on, but I feel the clamp was still loose. If I would have had the flex boot like on the 09 it may have stayed on anyway. beat DontKnow rant2 2cents RZR air intake - Page 3 76361 hail
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 am

4x4pac wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
hell you could run without a airbox as long as the filter is sealed to the throttle body good, so it dont make a shit of difference if you have his airbox or a popo if the filter is sealed and its a good filtering filter you will have no dust get by it, anybody who took high school auto shop can figure that one out.

Once again a total stupid dumb ass post by the one who thinks he knows it all. Wonder how well any ones ride would run with no air box? No vacuum to make the carbs open correctly. No restriction on air so that you air fuel ratio would be correct. Gunny please go to school and learn something before you post or stop post. You are a total idiot that knows nothing about anything. Oh and since I work on all makes and models of sxs's and atv's this post does involve me. At least I dont make stupid statements like the one you just made. Gunny this is no long "your house" if it was the house would fall down. EVERYONE is tired of your stupidity and your stupid comments. Do us all a favor and STFU already.

4X4pac , Another Admins very nicely told you to cut this crap out,
and take this mess to a pm if you have more to say.
which I agree with. And you did not seem to listen the first time.
So i will say it one more time. If you continue to lay out personal attacks ,
and use this demeanor on the open forum. We will be forced to take action.
And i promise you wont like it.

Now Chill out.

Chris... Wink
Back to top Go down
Don

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 am

The only reason I posted price and were to go get one is because I was asked to do so by one of your long term members.
I am not tring to sell anything, I am simply making sure everybody pays attention to there investment.
The bean counters at popo dont care about you, they care about there bottom line, period..
More top end rebuilds, more money for them, is all I am saying.
The bottom line is I guess on my o9 I am one of the unlucky ones.(dirt in my tb, no matter what I did to stop it).
JUNK from vietnam(thats right, air box is imported). POPO should have stayed in U.S.A. for there air box.
It sure is nice to be able to ride with out wondering if dirt is getting in.
Gunny, I am not tring to piss anyone of or make false statements!
But I also ride in the real world!( now it is dust free)
Back to top Go down
http://dlmachineinc.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:17 am

Don wrote:
The only reason I posted price and were to go get one is because I was asked to do so by one of your long term members.
I am not tring to sell anything, I am simply making sure everybody pays attention to there investment.
The bean counters at popo dont care about you, they care about there bottom line, period..
The bottom line is I guess on my o9 I am one of the unlucky ones.(dirt in my tb, no matter what I did to stop it).
JUNK from vietnam(thats right, air box is imported). POPO should have stayed in U.S.A. for there air box.

Don, i understand what youre saying and have researched your airbox long before this topic came up along with the DFR, UMP and a few more they are all pretty much the same concept and with the right filter im sure they will do a good job. I cant say why the rzr's you deal with get dirt in and none ( ive heard off) with the full updated system being run as it came in our area does not. Your product is less expensive than some of the others so id say its probably the better deal of most of the systems out there. As far as "Real World tests" i was talking about the several thousand miles of documented trouble free use the stock system has provided in the areas most of us ride on this forum. Have you done extended tests to see if your system stays dirt free on the long term and if so which filter brand did you use? The Donaldson seems to be the most used in these type systems with good success. I know some had some questions about the yellow button on the unit, maybe you could give us a run down of how your system works and whats required as far as installation. Sorry for all the BS in the topic but a few just cant help jumping me when i post. allright
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:54 am

4x4pac wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Once again a total stupid dumb ass post by the one who thinks he knows it all. Wonder how well any ones ride would run with no air box? No vacuum to make the carbs open correctly. No restriction on air so that you air fuel ratio would be correct.

4x4pac, I thought you said you were a mechanic of all sxs and atvs? Have you never seen guys running snorkel setups, nothing but a pipe connecting a filter to the throttle body? Many racing atvs run nothing but a open filter on the carb or throttle body too, a airbox is not needed for many applications. I would not run a rzr like that because we ride in very wet areas, but if you check the forums like rhino or rzr.net you will see some of those guys do run without them in the desert. I would have thought a master mechanic like yourself would know such things, guess you were busy learning how to make ugly bumpers the day they taught that in master mechanic school lol!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:18 am

Don,

We do appreciate your input here and understand that you are not pushing your products. Dodd called me a few months ago and asked if it was OK to invite you here. He spoke highly of you and informed me of your product. I told him "anything that helps our members is a good thing".

Don wrote:
Back to top Go down
Don

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:01 am

To explain how my air box system works I would have to type about two pages. But very briefly there is no cutting for install, looks factory,flows 100 cfm, and has a very rock on way of getting rid of the dirt and dust even before it gits to the filter!! You get three times the filter life than the stock one.
The little yellow boot is the key. The dust vacuator, what a wonderfull thing that is!!
Air and dirt comes in hits the shroud(which popo forgot to put in theres)starts a swirling action and sends everything to the back of the air box.Hits the rear cover, dust vacuator opens dirt falls out.To the tune of 85 percent of the dirt NEVER makes it to the filter.
You have to remember, I live in what is called the DUST BOWL !
We have very diverse terrain here, sugar sand, ozark mountains ,streams and rivers and red iron oxide, that is nasty stuff!! Stains every thing.
It has been our experience if you ride no deeper than water going across your lap the yellow boot doesnt need to be on.
If you got questions just call me 1-405-433-2233. Or email dlmachineinc@pldi.net
Back to top Go down
http://dlmachineinc.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:52 am

Cyclonic action, like a Tri star vacuum cleaner. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm

How come almost every nasty tread on this site is one that starts with a RZR???

I do not own a RZR so it does not directly affect me but their is a lot of people on this site that do own the RZR and I am sure they are getting disgusted with this. I am sure if it keeps up people owning the RZR will get fed up and go somewhere else looking for info.

As many of us have said before the FORD VS CHEVY thing will continue but why take it personal?? In reality all manufacturers are making excellent machines I am not going to say one is all out better than the other although they all do have there weaknesses and strengths.

In the end what really matters????? All that matters is that you are happy with your selection and you have fun with it...................
"Am I not Right??"

Last edited by mud-and-guts on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:04 pm

I agree with you mud... allright

And yes , some are getting tired of it...... Wink
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 7:59 pm

I would say more than "some" are tired of it.

I own both the RZR and Rhino. They both have highs and lows in my book. I still say the best quality machine I have owned was my Honda Foreman or my Suzuki King Quad. Too bad both of them are not making anything really appealing in the SxS market.

I have not really gotten to ride the RZR in dusty conditions with the stock filter and prefilter setup. I am leaning towards trying Don's setup for awhile. I saw it in person and it is nicely put together.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:27 pm

THANK YOU mud-and-guts.
That is bacially what I have said everytime this dumb shit starts.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Me too. Turns into a dang Soap Opera about every time. Friends can disagree and remain friends but all these personal assaults need to stop. Just my $.02
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 pm

mud-and-guts wrote:

As many of us have said before the FORD VS CHEVY thing will continue but why take it personal?? In reality all manufacturers are making excellent machines I am not going to say one is all out better than the other although they all do have there weaknesses and strengths.

Perception, Perception, Perception. This is an excellent example of how this stuff has effected this forum. You can go back and read every post in this thread, and not one has bashed the RZR. In fact it is primarily only RZR owners that are talking about the issue the thread was written about in the first place. Not a single person that does not own a RZR made a single comment about the topic at hand on this thread, which was the air intake issue on the RZR.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:

Perception, Perception, Perception. This is an excellent example of how this stuff has effected this forum. You can go back and read every post in this thread, and not one has bashed the RZR. In fact it is primarily only RZR owners that are talking about the issue the thread was written about in the first place. Not a single person that does not own a RZR made a single comment about the topic at hand on this thread, which was the air intake issue on the RZR.

I am not pointing fingers and no, no post that I have read (I have not read all posts) in this thread has bashed the RZR the members are more so bashing each other and pushing each others buttons.
I am not in any way meaning to imply in my post that this tread is Brand vs Brand I am meaning there has been a lot of threads locked lately due to members pushing other members buttons(Brand vs Brand and other silly reasons).
If a new member who owned a RZR came to this thread looking for helpful info would they get tired of reading all the "off topic" comments and look else where????
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:05 pm

I agree M&G. Thought you were refering to a brand vs. brand debate. Thanks for clearing it up.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
I agree M&G. Thought you were refering to a brand vs. brand debate. Thanks for clearing it up.

When I said Ford vs Chevy I was trying to politely say member vs member.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:27 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:

Perception, Perception, Perception?

RZR air intake - Page 3 Comparetyf

How should one precieve this picture? Is this person bashing an RZR or is this person bashing an RZR owner? It's really hard for me to tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR air intake   RZR air intake - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR air intake
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next