SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about getting a RZR S

Go down 
+14
hillbillyrhino
Big Ed
GunRunner
Rhino Rob
Clayboy
Smith700
8ball_99
mason
Foxfire
Goose
Big-R
AIRBORNE
S
Triple J
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Thinking about getting a RZR S Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:48 am

Help me out guys, I've been doing some reading but as most know its very conflicting opinions (which is to be expected) but

What are the common problems
How tough is maintenance - belts, oil, air, etc.
I see bushings mentioned - how often and hard to replace
CDI boxes? - good, bad, etc

Any and all other info you can provide would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 am

Go for it. I really enjoy mine. Just like any vehicle they have their good and bad points.
Oil change is easy (filter will make a mess)
Air filter, use the stock just put a Outerwears pre filter (water repellent one) and keep air box clean.
Lower A-arm bushings need to be replaced offten, but easy to do.
Just keep everything greased good.

Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:30 am

Much more fun to ride than my Rhino. I don't think it is the most well built machine as far as the bushings and things of that nature, but you can't beat it for trail capability and all around fun factor.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:11 pm

S wrote:
Go for it. I really enjoy mine. Just like any vehicle they have their good and bad points.
Oil change is easy (filter will make a mess)
Air filter, use the stock just put a Outerwears pre filter (water repellent one) and keep air box clean.
Lower A-arm bushings need to be replaced offten, but easy to do.
Just keep everything greased good.

AIRBORNE wrote:
Much more fun to ride than my Rhino. I don't think it is the most well built machine as far as the bushings and things of that nature, but you can't beat it for trail capability and all around fun factor.

I agree!!!! If your are looking for fun and don't mind replacing some lower a arm bush every 200 to 500 miles...... Get the S.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:20 pm

After what I saw at Brimestone the S is an great machine! If I was in the market I would buy one.
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Are there aftermarket bushings available or is it just the nature of the beast to need them repeatedly?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Triple J wrote:
Are there aftermarket bushings available or is it just the nature of the beast to need them repeatedly?

There are aftermarket ones but they are very expensive. The stock ones are around eight bucks and very easy to replace. I think it is the nature of the beast. It is only the lower front a arm bushing. I think it is because of the long travel. Extra leverage!!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Man Triple J..............U asked, I'll answer. I would never get one, unless all you want to do is ride around and even then I would not have one. To me......and opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one, it is the biggest waste of !3,999.00. Can't do much with it other than play and they are not that well built.

Now, I have no doubt in my mind that I will hear a ration of poo over my answer to your question .......may even hear that I do not know what I am talking about, since I do not have one.....however, I have been to the plant and watch them being built as well as having a friend that manages the RZR line at said plant. For what you get, way over priced.

2cents That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Let the mud throwing begin.
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:37 pm

i love my S and fox your answer is ok with me allright
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:41 pm

mason wrote:
i love my S and fox your answer is ok with me allright

Thank you Mason.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Fox you Hater roflmao
Why would anyone give you poo You are speaking your opinion.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Fox, you don't know what you are talking about since you don't have one. roflmao Everyone has their own opinion and riding style. That is all part of it. I am not really fond of the Prowler, but I am sure that doesn't matter to you, as long as you are happy with it. I agree the S is probably overpriced, but just about anything you buy in this hobby is overpriced. 2cents

JJJ, go with what you think will fit your riding style. If you buy the S, you will lose your bed space (or alot of it), you will lose some utility function, and you will also gain a crapload of wrinkles around your eyes and cheeks from all the grinning you will do when you put it to the test.

Let's ride!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Overpriced? maybe. Do they hold up? Sort of lol. I've had to replace a few parts here and there. Shift cable, tilt steering shock, One wheel bearing a couple ball joints, Couple tie rod ends, now it looks like my fuel pump is bad since I got 23 PSI when I tested it today. (I was having problems at brimestone) All my parts have been covered under warranty so not to big of a deal. I'm pretty hard on my machine.. I'm sure the suspension parts were wore out because of mud and water. The shift cable was probably just defected from the start. For the fuel pump I took a very hard hit on my gas tank through a nice little slot in the skid panel under the tank.
Some people might complain about a few warn or broke parts. To me I'm surprised my list isn't longer. More power and more speed is going to equal more broken parts. Its a lot easier to break stuff when you can go over 35mph :)
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 am

8ball_99 wrote:
Overpriced? maybe. Do they hold up? Sort of lol. I've had to replace a few parts here and there. Shift cable, tilt steering shock, One wheel bearing a couple ball joints, Couple tie rod ends, now it looks like my fuel pump is bad since I got 23 PSI when I tested it today. (I was having problems at brimestone) All my parts have been covered under warranty so not to big of a deal. I'm pretty hard on my machine.. I'm sure the suspension parts were wore out because of mud and water. The shift cable was probably just defected from the start. For the fuel pump I took a very hard hit on my gas tank through a nice little slot in the skid panel under the tank.
Some people might complain about a few warn or broke parts. To me I'm surprised my list isn't longer. More power and more speed is going to equal more broken parts. Its a lot easier to break stuff when you can go over 35mph :)
2cents This is a prime reason I would not get one, I have a Rhino that I bought in last December and it has close to 3900 miles on it, with 1 set of wheel bearings and 1 tie-rod end.....that's it. As much as I ride, I need something reliable that I won't have to be working on all the time. Yes, they are fun to ride/drive, and they are as capable as anything on the trails, but the build quality does not even come close to a Yamaha.
I know I will get Bitchslap or maybe nutkick or maybe even flameing lol! for saying all this, but like Fox said, it's My Opinion. I don't care what machine any of you own, I just like riding with my buddies. Chug
Now whos ready for a ride on Trail 57? rebel cheers cheers
Sorry for everyone listening to my soap box.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:37 am

I have had my S for a year now and love! I would get one again in a second. Knock on wood,,,, I have not broke anything yet and she runs like a top!
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:46 am

I hope you find peace and satisfaction in your decision.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 am

Some psychologists say for some an opinion formed as an adult is often reached as the result of a childhood experience ...... Thinking about getting a RZR S Bong_b10 roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big Ed
SSXSRider Member
Big Ed

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 pm

I like the new Kymcos. Thinking about getting a RZR S 13435
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Well I think it goes both ways.. Stuff breaks on all of them.. Wasn't a month ago I was on a ride with another RZR, one Rhino and Two Grizzly 700s. The Rhino busted a front CV, One of the Grizzlys sucked water in by just splashing in a puddle, The other got stuck in a hole I went through in 2wd.. Now I chit you not They traded the Rhino and one of the quads the next week for a RZR 4 and a RZR S.
If your Really worried about them holding up and you having to fixe broken parts, Then just get a 5 year warranty.. Drive it then sell it before the warranty runs out. IME they hold up pretty good considering the abuse they take.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
There is people out there that will break a part on every ride they go on, and there is people that will never break things.......I, for some reason never seem to break things hide so I wonder if I got an S if it would hold up???? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:10 pm

smith700 wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:
There is people out there that will break a part on every ride they go on, and there is people that will never break things.......I, for some reason never seem to break things hide so I wonder if I got an S if it would hold up???? Rolling Eyes

This past weekend we had two broke axles. One 08 rhino and one 08 RZR. Just saying.........

It comes down to this....... go out a drive the different machines and see which one you like best. Then see if it really fits your needs.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 pm

I need to drive one on the trails and see how much better they drive.
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrhino
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrhino

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:09 pm

I have had 2 rhinos and I liked them, but after gettting my S I can honestley say that I would never go back to the rhino unless all I was going to do was ride around the farm and deer hunt, I am not putting it down just how I feel about my rzr s by the way this hillbillyrzrs on hillbillyrhino"s computer.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Big-R wrote:

This past weekend we had two broke axles. One 08 rhino and one 08 RZR. Just saying.........

It comes down to this....... go out a drive the different machines and see which one you like best. Then see if it really fits your needs.

I hope you find peace and satisfaction in your decision. Thinking about getting a RZR S 971386
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
Big-R wrote:

I hope you find peace and satisfaction in your decision. Thinking about getting a RZR S 971386

That is about the best you can tell anyone. We all have different machine for different reasons. I am very lucky to have two machines. One Rhino and one RZR. Therefore, I have the best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting a RZR S
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next