SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about getting a RZR S

Go down 
+14
hillbillyrhino
Big Ed
GunRunner
Rhino Rob
Clayboy
Smith700
8ball_99
mason
Foxfire
Goose
Big-R
AIRBORNE
S
Triple J
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:12 pm

TripleJ if you go with the RZR S I like many on here say you wont look back with any regrets.......

Common stuff seems to be limited to axles and air boxes.
Maintenance on the S compared to my Rhino is a massive pain in the ass.
Bushings have been good to me so far....we will see after I replace them the first time. With 1100 miles I broke a tie rod end but nothing else so far. I do need brakes all around though.

2009 RZR S now 1100 miles drove the piss out of it. One broke tie rod end.

2007 Rhino now 3290 miles, drove the piss out of it. Four sets of wheel bearings all around. Two hubs cracked. Bent both front knuckles, one rear spindle. Three axles. Broke stock header. Bushings in a arms three times all around. E brake cable replace. Shifter linkage replaced. Radiator repaired.

My RZR is driven much much harder than I ever could have driven the Rhino. I own one just for that reason, I wanna go faster. If I had to go back to the Rhino only....I dont think I would have a SXS. I do own both and there is no comparing the two. The S is plain just a better machine for my riding style. Does it break down more......so far its no. That could change at any time I guess. I have been very impressed with the way the suspension parts have held up so far. I thought I was having trouble with the bushings or bearings but it was the tie rod ends. On all four corners they are still tight with no play. The way I abuse it I am gonna break shit. Also If you wanna go faster......you gotta sacrifice the "farm vehicle" perks.

Fox Is the prowler at $13999.00 that much better of a deal?

My .02.

Oh and, Smith your not pushing the skinny pedal hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Boy these topics are always fun.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Big-R wrote:
Boy these topics are always fun.

thatsright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Polaris definitely does not have the fit and finish of a Suzuki, but the S sure is one helluva trail machine.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:10 pm

nocerisdave wrote:

No Dave......my opinion .....it is not.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Foxfire wrote:
nocerisdave wrote:

I agree. I think it is way to high for any machine. Hell I just bought a nice car for $6500.00 WTF
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Foxfire wrote:
nocerisdave wrote:

Like I said..........most of the stuff in this hobby is overpriced. If anything, maybe the Teryx is the best bang for the buck, power and suspension right out of the box.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 am

Chris is right, the Teryx probably is best bang for the buck! I still need to test drive an S in the woods though.

Dave, what I ride, you can't be pressing the gas all the time, WAYYYYY to tight and rough.
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:08 am

For some reason the system quit notifying me of posts. So sorry for not responding sooner.

I like my Prowler but we don't really use if for hauling much, the bed area is nice for stuffing all the gear for trails but then again most of our trails aren't that big so extra gear is nice to have but usually not a big necessity.

I've seen some rzr's on the trails but still no RZR S but that is not uncommon and just a matter of timing I'm sure.

nocerisdave, I doubt the maintenance can be any worse than my Prowler, need to tear half the machine apart just to check oil if not modded, let alone getting to the belt.

Will the RZR S handle a snow plow for a small driveway? Not a big factor in the decision but knowing would be nice.

A buddy of mine has a Rhino and I can honestly say he's had minimal problems with it, just kind of leaning towards the sportier look. Speed is nice but our trails are posted at 50 mph so just about any machine will get to that, just how fast you get there LOL

I really appreciate everyones opinions and appreciate it staying friendly.
Back to top Go down
CandyA$$
SSXSRider Member
CandyA$$

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 pm

yes the rzr or rzr s will plow snow just fine.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 pm

You tell em Dave..... thatsright
I saw Daves buggy this weekend. and i never seen a buggy
beat up that bad. ( Sorry Dave lol! )
But he drives the crap out of it. and only replaced a tie rod end.
one wheel is cracked all the way through. and the tire still holds air.... thatsright
Dave should be the poster child of how well a polaris is built.
and dont for get he sunk it in a river. and it still runs like a top..... allright
I dont have a ton of miles on mine. but i ride as hard as anyone. and i never
had to repair anything..... Wink

and i am very happy with it...... humper
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 pm

ChrisC wrote:
You tell em Dave..... thatsright
I saw Daves buggy this weekend. and i never seen a buggy
beat up that bad. ( Sorry Dave lol! )
But he drives the crap out of it. and only replaced a tie rod end.
one wheel is cracked all the way through. and the tire still holds air.... thatsright
Dave should be the poster child of how well a polaris is built.
and dont for get he sunk it in a river. and it still runs like a top..... allright
I dont have a ton of miles on mine. but i ride as hard as anyone. and i never
had to repair anything..... Wink

and i am very happy with it...... humper

As long as the drive train and suspension are holding up....I could give two damns about how it looks. I do take care of the maintenance side, as far as moving parts are is concerned. If you see me showing up with a pretty ride.......well that means I am getting bored with it. I wanna say I drained all the adrenaline I could out of a machine.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:56 pm

I use my RZRS to plow the driveway. It is about 900' from the road to the house, then widens to 60' for another 100'. My wife even plows snow in it. The plow goes on in about 5 seconds and you are ready to go. As for hauling, we use a 4'x4' trailer on the property and when we go to the farm to work.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a RZR S   Thinking about getting a RZR S - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting a RZR S
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: