SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR Dirty intake problem

Go down 
+5
GunRunner
Neuromax
Big-R
ChrisC
Bobby D
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Big-R wrote:

Any of the manufacturers should stand behind their product. Especially if they sell you junk.

GunRunner wrote:
Ok, watch the junk comments rhino boyz lol!

.......... :(lmao: :(lmao: :(lmao: :(lmao: :(lmao: :(lmao:

You Tell em Ronnie...... lol!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:18 pm

The Yank chimes in on this one. 2cents I've have done tons of reading on this issue, and have yet to see anywhere a clear cut source of the problem, or a clear cut solution. With the magnitude of this problem with owners and expenses for repairs by Polaris, I would think this would have to be priority #1 for Polaris to correct. It is obvious they have not done that completely which becomes very troubling to me. It is not rocket science to deliver clean air to a gasoline engine in any type of environment. Take all this and add it up and it lends me to believe that there is a major engineering design flaw in the manufacturing of the RZR, probably caused by the placement of the motor and the associated intake to get the 50" width. Now how is it corrected is the problem. You design a new intake system, but where do you put it? And after you design a new intake system you also have to design a new open loop ECU to adapt to the changes in the intake. Open Loop ECU for fuel injection are designed with a set paramater for intake and exhaust flow. Change the intake, you got to change the ECU. This creates major, MAJOR headaches for Polaris to deal with. I hope i'm wrong about all this, because if i'm right you wont see any more RZR's produced after 2010.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:27 pm

Marty , I dont know. i think that was a little more
than 2cents , :D That sounded more like 4 cents to me.... lol!

But very well said...... allright
and you maybe right. there is an issue,
and it may just not be the air filter alone... Wink
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Ok, watch the junk comments rhino boyz........

Big-R wrote:
Any of the manufacturers should stand behind their product. Especially if they sell you junk.

Gunny, just like I said any manufacturer.

They all have lemons. However, it is how they handle the lemon. Service is a big part of a good product. I am not bashing anyone SxS here.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Big-R wrote:

They all have lemons. However, it is how they handle the lemon. Service is a big part of a good product. I am not bashing anyone SxS here.

Dame it Ronnie and you was doing so good too.... :(lmao:
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Big-R wrote:

Dame it Ronnie and you was doing so good too.... :(lmao:

Well, I did here that the po po factory was building a large lemon-aid stand :(lmao:
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:05 pm

................ uplaugh
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 pm

[quote="Big-R"][quote="ChrisC"][quote="Big-R"]
GunRunner wrote:

Big-R wrote:

Well, I did here that the po po factory was building a large lemon-aid stand :(lmao:

uplaugh :(lmao: pot
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 pm

Maybe all of our problems will be solved when Suzuki decides to make a V-Twin SxS that will be better than the Rhino and RZR.......... Razz
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Maybe all of our problems will be solved when Suzuki decides to make a V-Twin SxS that will be better than the Rhino and RZR.......... Razz

I would be more than pleased with a Suzuki with the current 722cc fuel injected single that is in the current Kingquad.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Airborne LT wrote:

I would be more than pleased with a Suzuki with the current 722cc fuel injected single that is in the current Kingquad.

Matter of fact, that is what I want for Christmas. :ChristmasTree:
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:46 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Airborne LT wrote:

If and when I buy a new SxS. I want TWO CYLINDERs. bounce
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 am

Amen...............

I also need two cupholders..........one for my beer and one for my bourbon and coke 2cents
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:46 am

Airborne LT wrote:
Amen...............

I also need two cupholders..........one for my beer and one for my bourbon and coke 2cents

LT , you do have 2 cupholders on your Rhino.... :D
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:53 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Airborne LT wrote:

Marty thay just dont seem to have intrest in a side x side.
I mean now that honda has one everyone but can am has one.
I dont consider can am one of the big 4 like Yamaha suzuki honda
and kawasaki. and i hear there going to make one. but i never heard
any mention of Suzuki even talking about it.
Wonder why? I mean this stuff is getting big. Everyone is going to
a side x side where being to wide is not a problem. you would
think thay would want a peace of that market share.... Wink
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:11 am

Yes, I have two cupholders.....but one belongs to my wife. I need two cupholders for me..........maybe I should get one of those fancy helmets with the cupholders and straws so I can keep my hands on the wheel.... Smiles
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:28 am

Hay , i got an idea. :D get one of them dash plates with the cupholders
built in thay made for the older Rhinos that did not have cupholders.
then you will have 4. So your wife will have one and you will
be Drunk as shit....... :(lmao:

Chris..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:33 pm

Mines getting nothing but a ride if its lucky.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:56 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
The Yank chimes in on this one. 2cents I've have done tons of reading on this issue, and have yet to see anywhere a clear cut source of the problem, or a clear cut solution. With the magnitude of this problem with owners and expenses for repairs by Polaris, I would think this would have to be priority #1 for Polaris to correct. It is obvious they have not done that completely which becomes very troubling to me. It is not rocket science to deliver clean air to a gasoline engine in any type of environment. Take all this and add it up and it lends me to believe that there is a major engineering design flaw in the manufacturing of the RZR, probably caused by the placement of the motor and the associated intake to get the 50" width. Now how is it corrected is the problem. You design a new intake system, but where do you put it? And after you design a new intake system you also have to design a new open loop ECU to adapt to the changes in the intake. Open Loop ECU for fuel injection are designed with a set paramater for intake and exhaust flow. Change the intake, you got to change the ECU. This creates major, MAJOR headaches for Polaris to deal with. I hope i'm wrong about all this, because if i'm right you wont see any more RZR's produced after 2010.

Sorry but this is the proverbial mountain made out of a mole hill. First yes there were those mostly 1st generation RZR's that had as I stated before a problem with the dirty air getting into the intake, it is by a long shot not every rzr or even most of them. Polaris has used the 800 motor since 05 in atvs with no issues like this, once they found there was a problem they started working on a solution, it takes time to develop and implement change. I truly believe The problem is solved after many hours of research on this subject otherwise I would not have laid down the big bucks for mine. Not every rzr ended up with dirt in the motor by the same way, some injested it thru the inferior air filter, others had the rigid rubber boot come loose at the intake and suck in dirty air, others had air leaks at the clip on airbox cover. Each and every one of these causes has been addressed. Larger filter capable of 10 times more filtration, new rubber boot with a flex bellows made so it will not pull loose as well as a lip put on the throttle body. I will keep you posted on how mine does.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:47 pm

View Poll Results: Have you had dust leak past the intake?
YES--with stock setup 167 53.70%
NO--with stock setup 110 35.37%
YES--with snorkels or other setup 15 4.82%
NO--since snorkels or other setup 38 12.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 311.

Above is a poll off of RZRforums.net that shows that over 53% of RZR owners have had this problem out of 311 who voted. I've read many posts that show the problem is on 1st,2nd,3rd generation and even new 09's. This is the info I based my statement on, and if it doesn't get fixed the RZR will cease to exist. What also contributes to my thoughts were that Polaris is a large player in the ATV market, and this is the worst Black Eye they have ever taken on their product. If the problem was simple they would have fixed it quickly and would not have let it get to this point. Thinking that the problems were simple to fix would make me believe that they are a irresponsible Corporation that does not care about their customers or their product reputation. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here. Either way this to me is a mountain for them and not a mole hill. And I'm not a Polaris hater.
Smiles
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Wash out the 43 that added after market boxes they dont count, now look at the ones that did and did not have problems, out of 277 poled, only 167 did and 110 did not out of many thousands that were sold, very small percentage in the big picture. Yes the problem is simple but implementing the complete fix took some time, and who has a 09 with a problem, hadn't seen any of that. You could say the same thing about the 08 teryx, shreds belts, runs hot, but kawaski never fixed a single 08 and are blowing out the left overs as they sit. At least polaris tried to change things along the way. Rhinos broke steering box's and rear end mounts all the way from 04 till 07 before addressing the problem. I never said polaris said it was a simple fix, that assumption comes from me now that all the causes have come to light. Hindsight is 20-20 as they say. A forum like rhino.net,rzr.net and others are where everyone runs when they have a problem looking for a solution, thats why a small issue looks like a huge one. I dont care what brand you choose if its been out for 9 months or more i bet a hundred dollar bill i can find you a hundred posts on major problems people have had and posted about. Its just how it is.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:42 pm

Yall break out the boxing gloves ....... :(lmao:

I vote Rhino..... shutup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 pm

Call Nobama and ask him to add Poo Poo to the list of things he's gonna fix. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:59 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
Call Nobama and ask him to add Poo Poo to the list of things he's gonna fix. Twisted Evil

DD , he can only be in office 8 years. there is not enough
time......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:06 pm

There also seems to be and up-comming trend on 09's with coolant leaking out of the water-pump weephole. 35 miles, 130 miles, zero miles on the showroom floor.
Oh yeah, and not sure if I'll get his screename right, r6realtor, has had dirt in his 09, I saw the pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR Dirty intake problem   RZR Dirty intake problem - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Dirty intake problem
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next