SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.

Go down 
+17
4x4pac
Z06-08
Foxfire
crossdaddy
RedNeckRanger
Mud-and-Guts
Clayboy
moto92
ridepate
AIRBORNE
Rhino Rob
highlander
nocerisdave
GunRunner
ChrisC
DirtDawber
wvyankee2
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:43 am

I am quiet sure the Yank will be able to follow us everwhere we go @ Brimstone with those skinny back tires! Not really the look I was going for but, hey, I might learn something here! Just remember, three months ago, none of us would have owned a po po! Things just keep changing in this world. Hint, Hint,,,, get your cameras ready when you see us turn onto #105.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:47 am

ridepate wrote:
Gunny, Off-camber ,yes, mud, no.........All the rides we've been on, there has never been any serious mud, unless you count Bell Co., which was a choice. Yanks made the best choice, IMO due to the power-factor.

I've always said light and skinny is the way to go.

hey fat girls need loven toooo!!!!!!!! thatsright hitit
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:33 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Just remember, three months ago, none of us would have owned a po po!

Not quite true there clay roflmao I predict many a rhino owner will see the light in the future. thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:37 pm

ridepate wrote:
Yanks made the best choice, IMO due to the power-factor. I've always said light and skinny is the way to go.

Pate didn't you have that type setup at one time? We will see how well it does, no big deal we all carry tow straps lol!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:53 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Clayboy wrote:
Just remember, three months ago, none of us would have owned a po po!

Not quite true there clay roflmao I predict many a rhino owner will see the light in the future. thatsright

The light............ roflmao

Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 91837951
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:56 pm

roflmao Moth to flame.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:08 pm

GunRunner wrote:
ridepate wrote:
Yanks made the best choice, IMO due to the power-factor. I've always said light and skinny is the way to go.

Pate didn't you have that type setup at one time? We will see how well it does, no big deal we all carry tow straps lol!

Still do pretty much, and I've never been hooked to a strap............Never will.........I know how to drive..........................Oh and never had it on it's side either................Not even close................ drive
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:25 pm

I have had mine far enough over climbing up cracker that Melissa could kiss the ground. That was a fun trail.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
crossdaddy
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:26 pm

How much did this kit cost.Are you not worried about axle break with that much bind
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:00 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Rhino Rob wrote:
Marty any concerns with axles breaking ? seems thats all i heard of way back in 06 when people were first starting with the lifts. then gorilla axles were being bandied as a must have for lifting.
Also, did you gain any noticeable clearance or smoothness of the ride when you added shocks ?

Seems like a lot of people are running lifts now without issue Rob. From everything i've seen on the trail and read, I would never buy Gorilla axles. IMO the stock ones are stronger.

AS far as my shocks go, My initial impression was they were rougher in the slow stuff and smoother in the fast stuff. I have had them on so long now I cant remember what the stockers were like. They give you a much more controled and smoother ride when going fast over the trail. When rockcrawling or going slow they seemed to be stiffer and less forgiving than the stockers.

crossdaddy wrote:
How much did this kit cost.Are you not worried about axle break with that much bind

Kit was $179. As stated above, dont seem to be any axle problems that I have seen due to lifts. I seen axles break with lifts and without them. It's mostly how you manage the gas pedal.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:28 am

ridepate wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
ridepate wrote:

Still do pretty much, and I've never been hooked to a strap............Never will.........I know how to drive..........................Oh and never had it on it's side either................Not even close................ drive

Pate, I don't believe you are giving an honest effort! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:56 am

How the heck did I miss this???? Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Bizzle10
Very good thread Yankee.....and I enjoyed the way that you came up with another way to "Skin the Cat" by using the ratchet strap to compress spring so that you could insert said bolt!!!!! So what's the ground clearance now????

Question......white body going back on??
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Yeah Marty.......PICS PICS PICS

nopics
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Clayboy wrote:
ridepate wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
ridepate wrote:

Pate, I don't believe you are giving an honest effort! Laughing Laughing

No Clay I probably have not. I'll try harder next ride. Promise.......... thatsright
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:54 am

Where's the pics beyotch ????? thatsright Eat :D :D Razz
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:37 am

Foxfire wrote:
How the heck did I miss this???? Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Bizzle10
Very good thread Yankee.....and I enjoyed the way that you came up with another way to "Skin the Cat" by using the ratchet strap to compress spring so that you could insert said bolt!!!!! So what's the ground clearance now????

Question......white body going back on??

Airborne LT wrote:
Yeah Marty.......PICS PICS PICS

nopics

DirtDawber wrote:

Not ready yet.......long story. Should have taken it to Tim to paint! Rolling Eyes DontKnow

Ground clearance.......15".
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:44 am

Marty , do i detect the nabor is a little slower
than you would like. Buy him some more beer.... lol!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:00 am

ChrisC wrote:

Was it this Nabor? roflmao
Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Gomerpyle
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:41 am

ChrisC wrote:

yea, more beer always get the job done better and faster roflmao

Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Hi_nab10
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:26 pm

I think pate has painted his 4 times already since this thread started !! thatsright ownedsm lol! roflmao hide Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 13435 cheers affraid

nopics
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:20 pm

DirtDawber wrote:

OK, here are a couple almost done. Still need the hood finished, and the buff job on the whole machine. A couple days it will be done.

Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Pearlrhino003

Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Pearlrhino005
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:24 pm

old glory RETURN OF THE ALBINO RHINO! should have turned them bighorn white letters out, would have looked trick with the white body.

Last edited by GunRunner on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:28 pm

That's lookin' damn good yank !!!!!!!! clap allright perfect10
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Its almost Finished..... Yahoo

Chris.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Z06-08
SSXSRider Member
Z06-08

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Looks great yank it yours ride fix likeyou want thatsright perfect10 Rockband Yahoo HatWave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.   Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubber Down Customs ( RDC ) 2" lift install.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next